RNG 01: Dear Ann

My dearest Ann,

I hope your aunt is feeling better now. It is most unusual for a lady to develop the Hawaian Cat Flu, but then, some people seem to have the most rotten luck.

In your admirable haste to be at your aunt's side, you must have dropped your locket. I know the chain looks sturdy, but goldsmithing isn't what it used to be and these things break very easily. You'll be happy to hear, however, that I retrieved the locket from the ballroom floor and repaired it. When you put it around your lovely neck, you won't see any difference.

Unfortunately, I was met with a mishap during my repairs. One of the pictures, I'm ashamed to say, accidentally fell out, and, erm, caught fire. I was just starting my pipe, you see, and it all happened very quickly. Most regrettable, of course, but there was nothing I could do.

But worry not, my dearest Ann! I have fixed everything. You are going to love it. I'm sure you will.

I remain, dear Ann,
faithfully yours

Arthur



So, that's the first random story for you, folks. I must admit I had way more fun creating it than I expected. I was also lucky to draw sensible nouns. These were: hat, pencil, bow, palm, and jewelry. For the palm I was thinking about sculpting a hand, but the SculptJanuary mini-trauma is still too fresh, so I went instead for a bit of greenery.

As to my decision to craft one object a day, I was suprisingly successful. The only day I skipped was Friday (I was way too tired)—I finished the locket on Saturday, and the whole scene on Sunday.

I was struggling a bit with the composition. I couldn't find a way of showing the palm tree properly, while also getting up and close with the items that carry the main story. I'm not entirely happy with the compromise I made, but it was the best I could do in the given timeframe.

What I am happy about, though, is that I now have five more items in my Blender library. So, don't be surprised if you see some of them in the background of my future scenes. But now, without further ado, here are the renders (and no commentary, because the post would get horribly long. I'm sure you won't mind.)

Bowler hat


Pencil


Bow(tie)


Palm


Jewelry


I think I'm going to turn this into a mini-series (and carry on doing this for as long as I enjoy it and/or a CG Cookie class is announced). So, see you next week with more of the same (but completely different).

Comments

Popular Posts